Sunday, March 18, 2012

Where there is sadness joy

Where there is sadness joy

This statue of St. Francis is in the cemetery where my Mom is.  Every time we visit, I just marvel at the statue and how utterly delightful it is, particularly in the setting (it's a nice cemetery).  I always leave feeling pretty good.  Since I've gotten into photography, I finally have a way of "embracing" this statue in a more satisfying way.  It's at the SS Peter and Paul Cemetery in Naperville, Illinois.  The artist's name is engraved on the side, but it's virtually unreadable - I'm guessing it's FC Gaylord.  He or she certainly deserves credit for a wonderful sculpture.  Also  to the Wood family who commissioned it. 
September 2005
e050924f024a-fsk

COPYRIGHT 2005 by JimFrazier All Rights Reserved. This may NOT be used for ANY reason without written consent.

No comments: