Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ansel Adams

Ansel Adams is my all time photographic hero. He doesn't know it, but he's my mentor. I've read his stuff, and am always stunned anew by his photography. He made photographs that make my stomach hurt. And that is, most assuredly, a good thing.

Here are some links I've come across.

The Ansel Adams Gallery

What Adams Saw Through His Lens (NY Times)
A short discussion about Ansel and his connection with Yosemite.

What Adams Saw Through His Lens
(NY Times)
This shows nine of his pictures with audio commentary by his assistant from the 1970's.

Wikipedia entry

Some of Ansel's glorious pictures...

The Tetons and the Snake River

Leaf in Glacier National Park

Mount Williamson, Sierra Nevada, from Manzanar, California

Clearing Winter Storm

Aspens, Northern New Mexico

Moonrise, Hernandez New Mexico

Monolith, The Face of Half Dome

Georgia O'Keefe and Orville Cox

This particular site seems to have the most comprehensive selection of pictures, and the best scans. Someday, when I win the lottery, I'll buy a few originals, printed by Ansel himself.




COPYRIGHT 2010 by Jim Frazier All Rights Reserved. This may NOT be used for ANY reason without consent. See JimFrazier.com for more information.

I now offer photography classes! http://www.jimfrazier.com/photography-classes/


No comments: