Saturday, January 12, 2008

Like my hat? Butterfly not included.

This thug tried to attack me, but I was able to fend him off. Took some effort, though. Showed him what for.

It looks to me like a Paper Kite (Idea leuconoe), but I'm thrilled to be corrected.

And for you know-it-alls, I know that this happened because the bandanna is red. Also, because it was about 900% humidity in the museum, the bandanna was, shall we say, operating well as a do-rag. That thug was getting plenty to drink.

The Notebaert Nature Museum
Judy Istock Butterfly Haven
www.naturemuseum.org
WSCF Meetup
January 12, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
e080112c006a-wb

Had one in St. Louis last year
www.flickr.com/photos/jimfrazier/106866091/

Copyright 2008 by Jim Frazier. This image is licensed for limited use ONLY under Creative Commons. See Flickr profile for more information.

No comments: